YORKTOWN, NY – Following his impressive victory last week, Yorktown Supervisor-elect Matt Slater today announced the members of his Transition Team. The bipartisan, community-based Transition Team will help lay the foundation for the new Slater Administration.
“Yorktown’s best days are ahead of us and I am proud to already be bringing people together from every corner of our community to make sure my administration is ready to go on day one,” Slater explained. “We have a lot of work to do and I can’t wait to get started for the people of Yorktown.”
As co-chaired by Tricy Cushner, President of the Yorktown Alliance for Safe Kids, and Peter Lanza, Vice President of the Yorktown Chamber of Commerce, the Transition Team will be responsible for reviewing the Town’s budget, organizational structure and existing operations. Using their in-depth knowledge of Yorktown and commitment to the community’s future, the Transition Team will also help establish priorities for the new administration.
“It is with great pleasure that I serve as a co-chair with Peter Lanza on the Transition Team working with Yorktown’s newly elected town supervisor, Matt Slater,” said Tricy Cushner. “Our Yorktown community will absolutely benefit from a smooth transition supported by the outgoing supervisor and a community transition team. These joint efforts represent many community sectors and age groups allowing for various perspectives and sharing of skill-sets. Matt also emphasized his focus on communication and planning as the key elements to working together and accomplishing goals that highlight the reasons we all love Yorktown. This inclusive and thoughtful idea for a community transition team speaks volumes for where Matt’s leadership will take us.”
Peter Lanza, who is also the Vice President of BNC Insurance Agency added, “Matt Slater has made a firm commitment to addressing the affordability issues facing our community by nurturing a thriving business atmosphere. This transition team is the first step in that process and I am honored to join Matt, Tricy and the rest of the stakeholders to move Yorktown in a new direction that is focused on transforming and modernizing Yorktown’s local government to make it easier for everyone to use.”
In addition to Cushner and Lanza the other members of the transition team include:
- Denise Kness – Vice President of the Lakeland School Board
- Tom Donatelli – Vice President of Teva Pharmaceuticals and Former Yorktown School Board Member
- Mike Dubovsky – Owner of Hanover Electric
- Barney Molloy – Legislative Aide to Westchester County Legislator John G. Testa
- Anthony Ascenceo – Business Manager for Laborers’ Local 60
- John Kincart – Houlihan Lawrence Real Estate Professional
- Charlie O’Neil – President of Jefferson Owners Corp
- Alexa O’Rourke – Jefferson Valley Mall General Manager
- Heather Novak – Marketing Director for Washington Prime
- John McGuire – Retired NYPD Detective & CitiBank Fraud Analyst
- Roger Campos – Putnam County Savings Bank Branch Director
- Adam Brodsky – Fmr. New Castle Deputy Supervisor and Director of Commercial Properties for the Hakim Organization
- Dorothea LaScala – President of Yorktown Circolo da Vinci
- Charles Scheld Esq.
- Frank Biele – Program Director for SPARC
- Tom Huber – Vice President of Technology for Synchrony Bank
- John Cronin – Senior Fellow at Pace University’s Dyson College of Arts & Sciences and Former Hudson Riverkeeper
The public is encouraged to participate in this process by submitting ideas and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Transition Team’s first meeting is scheduled to take place next week at the Shrub Oak International School for Autism.